Mission Statement for Adult Information Services Department of Dunham Public Library
Dunham Public Library’s Adult Services Department provides for the educational, recreational, and informational needs of adults of all ages. This is accomplished through individual assistance and group instruction which assist library patrons in becoming literate users of information. The Library strives to foster an atmosphere of free inquiry and provide information without bias or discrimination.
- Dennis Kininger, MLS, Reference Librarian email@example.com
Materials and Special Collections:
- Utica Observer-Dispatch on microfilm – January 1986 to December 2009…Microfilm reader/printer available
- Local history collection specializing in the history of Whitesboro
- We own the following yearbooks from the Whitesboro High School: Whitesboro High School Yearbooks
- Yearbooks may be viewed online at New York Heritage Digital Collections
- Digital Public Library of America
- New York State Historic Newspapers: Fulton History
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- Empire Archival Discovery Cooperative
- Society of American Archivists
- Dunham family collection and artifacts
- Applications for the Talking Book and Braille Library
- Public Library Association Initiatives
- NYS Public Access Law Libraries: Law Libraries
- Fourteen Windows 10 computers : Thirteen machines are situated on the main floor and a PC for catalog access only is located by the adult stack area.
- All computers are managed through a time management system and offer unfiltered Internet access. Library card required.
- There is also a mobile laptop lab containing seven machines with Windows 10.
We offer a wide array of programming for young and old. Check out our Photo Gallery page to see what’s been going on!
*What are the best libraries in the world? Find out here: http://www.thebestcolleges.org/amazing-libraries/