Thank you so much for considering Dunham Public Library for your book donation. Our current procedure is as follows:
- Your small donations may be made during library hours: Monday – Thursday (9:00 AM – 8:00 PM), Friday (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Saturday (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
- Calling ahead would be appreciated: 315-736-9734, ext. 301.
- When possible, please bring your donations to the Information Desk.
- Your donations will be examined by a member of the Information Desk staff
- We’re able to accept books in new/good condition and must meet our criteria for acceptance. All donated materials should be clean and appealing.
- Dunham Public Library is a 501 c3 and donation slips for tax purposes are available at the Information Desk or from the website: Donation Tax Form
Unfortunately, there are some books that we can’t use: Guidelines for Book Donations
Other locations you can donate: Where-to-donate-books
Paperback books can be recycled in your recycling bin at home
Hardcover books can be brought to:
80 Leland Ave
Utica, NY 13502
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
If you have a large number of books to donate, please call ahead: (315) 733-1224
No books are EVER sent to landfills. They are sent to a facility that either chooses them for reading programs or recycles the paper for new books.