Update: As of December 8, 2020, Dunham Public Library is on Curbside Pickup status for the time being. Until further notice, we are currently unable to accept donations.
Thank you so much for considering Dunham Public Library for your book donation. Our current procedure is as follows:
- Donations are made by appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Give us a phone call at 315-736-9734, ext. 301.
- Please park in Parking Lot B
- Let us know how much you wish to donate
- Your donations will be examined by a member of the Information Desk staff
- We’re able to accept books in new/good condition and must meet our guidelines.
Unfortunately, there are some books that we can’t use.
Paperback books can be recycled in your recycling bin at home
Hardcover books can be brought to:
80 Leland Ave
Utica, NY 13502
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
If you have a large number of books to donate, please call ahead: (315) 733-1224
No books are EVER sent to landfills. They are sent to a facility that either chooses them for reading programs or recycles the paper for new books.