Dunham Public Library has a Young Adult/New Adult Services opening
The Young Adult/New Adult Librarian, under direct supervision of the library director, is responsible for the collection and programming for YA/NA for a full time (35 hours per week)
Specific duties include the following:
- Directs all YA/NA services of the library
- Selects and maintains the YA/NA print and non-print material
- Plans, schedules and conducts various YA/NA programs
- Works with school and community groups to promote library services
- Provides reader’s advisory services to people of all ages
- Assists in the daily operation and scheduling of general library programs as required
- Keeps abreast of developments in library service to YA/NA through ongoing reading, workshops, meetings and conferences
- Maintains knowledge of current library trends in technology and electronic resources used in library service
- Maintains the YA/NA areas so they are pleasant and inviting. Recommends changes needed to the library director
- Advises library director on possible grant opportunities, assists with grant applications for YA/NA programs and materials
- Works with all staff members to provide excellent library services to the community
Must have ALA Accredited master’s degree. Must be eligible for NYS Public Librarian’s certificate, which must be issued prior to date of hire as a professional librarian. New graduates welcome to apply.
Schedule & Benefits:
Nights and weekends are required; occasional travel for meetings and outreach events.
$35,000 annual salary plus strong benefits including NYS retirement (mandatory for FT employees)
Please apply by submitting cover letter and resume to Library Director April L.R. Bliss at: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26 at noon. The successful candidate will have to be approved by Oneida County Civil Service.
This is an Oneida County Civil Service Librarian 1 position. Please apply by submitting your application for Librarian 1 directly to Oneida County Civil Service, 800 Park Avenue, Utica, NY 13501
Oneida County job specifications linked below
Oneida County job applications linked below